OH–how exciting is this! You told us that you want to get your kids crafting–all of your posts, emails, and survey responses said so! So, we’re bringing to you free crafts for the summer for your kids. We didn’t stop there! How about an art contest for your kids with fabulous prizes–for you and for your child!
Our two wonderful sponsors, Create for Less and Carry the Memories, have arranged for the winners to receive some very special prizes!
Get your crayons and paper out, kids–and do your best back-to-school artwork to win!
Here are the complete details & rules:
1. Children should create the artwork using 8 1/2″ x 11″ white paper (copier paper) and crayons.
2. The paper should be horizontally oriented.
3. The artwork should consist of a back-to-school scene.
4. There are two divisions: Ages 1-5, and 6-12.
5. Parents should either photograph or scan the drawing at a high resolution (don’t crop it or re-size the image) and send it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to participate but are unable to photograph, scan, or email the image, please contact Lorie at the above address for further instructions.
6. Parents–PLEASE RETAIN THE ORIGINAL ARTWORK. If your child wins, we may need the original to create one of the prizes.
7. With the artwork submission, please put all of the following information in your email:
Child’s name and age
The best way to contact you (i.e. email address, phone number)
8. YCMT will accept submissions from June 12 through July 31, 2008. Mailed entries must be physically into our offices by July 31, 2008.
9. Each child may only enter once.
Entries will be judged by the You Can Make this editing team. A decision will be made no later than August 17, 2008 and winners will be notified according to their instructions, or by email if no instructions are given.
There will be winners in two categories:
Ages 1-5 and 6-12.
Each of two winners will receive:
A designer “Abigail” photo handbag from our sponsor, Carry the Memories, displaying the winning art image of her child. (The “Abigail” photo handbag is a black bag, 10.5″ Wide x 8″ Tall x 3.5″ Deep. It has fabric handles, three interior pockets, a magentic snap, and your choice of colored welting.) The e-Book pattern for this bag debuts in July, 2008! Sign up for the You Can Make This Newsletter to be notified when it comes out!
You Can Make This will also be awarding 5 randomly chosen prizes of 50 YCMT purchase points from the entries.
Doesn’t that sound like some great incentive to spend a summer afternoon coloring?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lorie at: email@example.com